Statement Regarding Coronavirus
Amid the developing situation regarding the SARS-CoV-2 virus and the coronavirus (COVID19) disease, Regnum Christi Atlanta would like to offer the following information on our program/event offerings and precautions.
Regarding our offerings, our goal is to continue to offer our programs/events in a manner consistent with activities organized within the Archdiocese of Atlanta.
During this period of time, we are implementing the following precautions at any RC Atlanta programs or events:
• We respectfully request that anyone who is ill, suspects he or she is ill, or who have traveled from CDC named high risk countries in the past 14 days (and/or who have come in contact with someone who has) kindly not attend any local RC Atlanta programs or events until 14 symptom-free days have passed.
• While attending any RC Atlanta programs or events, we are encouraging all to practice good personal health habits, including covering coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then, throwing the tissue in the trash. Please wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
Before deciding to participate in a program or event with RC Atlanta, we encourage you to review the following information provided by the Centers for Disease Control:
• Fact Sheet
• What To Do If You Are Sick
• Stop the Spread of Germs
• Share Facts About COVID-19
• Print Resources
Regarding Masses celebrated at any RC Atlanta Programs/Events:
• Priests always practice good hand hygiene washing their hands before the celebration of Mass.
• Holy Water has been removed from the Holy Water fonts.
• We will not offer the Precious Blood (Christ is fully present under both species of the Blessed Sacrament).
• In addition, we ask that during Mass to refrain from shaking hands during the Sign of Peace.
Cancellations and refunds for any RC Atlanta programs or events will be made on a case by case basis. Any decisions will be communicated promptly by the program or event coordinator and instructions will be included for any applicable refunds.
Should you need to cancel your registration for a specific program or event or have questions regarding the status of an upcoming program or event, please contact us via the following:
• Phone: (770) 837-2798
• Contact info listed for specific program/event on respective registration pages or individual communications.
We would also like to offer this perspective from an infectious disease specialist who is also a Catholic deacon regarding the virus for more information:
During this time of uncertainty, please encourage others to prepare, but not panic. RC Atlanta will continue to monitor this situation and issue any additional information as it might apply to our sponsored programs and events.
During this Lenten season, be assured of our prayers for you and for all those affected in any way by this virus!
Learn more about having Masses offered for spiritual nourishment!
What Is Regnum Christi?
Regnum Christi is a movement of apostolate, which ardently seeks to establish the Kingdom of Christ among all people. The movement strives to be a witness to Christ, living our spirituality and mission as the Holy Spirit intended, with joy, humility, zeal, and passion for Christ. Regnum Christi offers a comprehensive methodology to developing apostleship which provides a pathway for deeper conversion and discovery of one’s apostolic mission aligned with the needs of the local Church. For more information, click here.
Weekly Regnum Christi Meetings
One of the specific activities Regnum Chrisit offers for the formation and perseverance of its members, is the weekly Encounter with Christ meetings. The purpose of the meeting is to help members meet the living Christ more intensely each day. By meeting as a group and applying what we read and meditate on in the Gospel, by analyzing our personal fidelity to apostolic and spiritual commitments, and by contemplating contemporary occurrences in the light of the Gospel, we come to recognize Christ walking by our side. The following are the weekly Encounter with Christ groups within the Charlotte, Triad and upstate South Carolina areas:
Greater Charlotte Area Meetings
- Men’s Meeting – Monday morning at 6 am — Panera Bread (2625 E Franklin Blvd, Gastonia, NC). For Information contact the Team Leader, Matt Tortorich.
- Men’s Meeting – Monday evening at 6 pm – Chick-fil-A (10001 Rea Rd, Charlotte, NC). For information contact the Team Leader, Rick Caron.
- Men’s Meeting – Saturday morning at 7:30 am — International House of Pancakes (16815 Caldwell Creek Dr, Huntersville). For information contact David Spaedy.
- Women’s Meeting – Tuesday evenings at 7:30 pm — 10501 Dairy Court in Charlotte. For information contact Cathy Osmera.
- Women’s Meeting (young adults) – Wednesday evenings @ 7:00 pm. For information contact Sofia Salerno.
- Women’s Meeting – Monday afternoons at 2:30 pm — St. Michael Catholic Church in Gastonia. For information contact Lori Tortorich.
Triad Area Meetings
- Men’s Meeting – Saturday mornings at 6:45-8 am — Our Lady of Grace Parish, Greensboro. For information contact John Endredy or call @ 336-202-9635.
- Women’s Meeting -Tuesday evening. For information contact Karen Black.
- Women’s Meeting – Thursday mornings at 9:30 am — St. Paul the Apostle Church, Greensboro. For information contact Donielle Wilde or call @ 585-208-2011
Upstate South Carolina Area Meetings
- Men’s Meeting – Friday morning at 6 am — 350 Montagu Drive, Spartanburg, SC. For information contact Greg Andress or call @ 864-909-6841
- Women’s Meeting – Thursday evenings @ 7 pm — Jesus, Our Risen Savior Catholic Church (Rm 111), Spartanburg, SC. For information contact Margaret St. Germain or call @ 864-591-3432
- Women’s Meeting – Monday mornings @ 10 am — Contact Joan Patrick or call @ 803-756-3112 or @ 404-277-9112.
- Women’s Meeting – Thursday evenings @ 6:30 pm — Contact Toni Morrison or call @ 803-237-2464
REGISTER Today: Limited availability. Only room for 18 men.
Make checks payable to ISIC with SPEX in the memo line.
Regnum Christi Retreat
PO Box 324
Morrisville, NC 27569
Please include your phone number and email so we can forward retreat information. For more informatMen’s Triduum 2020 pdfion or questions email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-368-0364.
There is a cancellation fee of $100 if cancelling within 14 days of the retreat.