THE WORK OF REGNUM CHRISTI
Regnum Christi’s mission is to work as Jesus did. We reveal his love, form apostles and send them out to help build the Kingdom of Christ. We awaken the individual and the family to their mission in the life and in the Church. The goal of our various programs and activities is to form Catholics who are actively committed to Jesus Christ and his Church at the service of all people.
Regnum Christi works in full cooperation with the Church and its bishops. It supports the ministry of local dioceses, promotes parish life, and encourages personal initiative in its members for the good of souls. The range of activities available to Regnum Christi members includes faith-based small group leadership, missions, service projects, education, catechesis, youth and family ministries, works of cultural transformation, and mass media. Regnum Christi conducts all of its apostolic activities according to the following 7 practical principles:
- Be Effective: To build the Kingdom, we must prayerfully consider which activities and projects we dedicate ourselves to, how we invest our time and talents, and how we measure our progress. In short, we strive to work effectively for Christso that we are conforming ourselves to his will and having an impact on the world around us.
- Work Person-to-Person: God creates each soul individually, out of love. By working person-to-person and creating a true family atmosphere, a true community, the Movement follows Christ’s example in order to bring souls closer to Him and the Church. The spirituality of the Movement goes deep with individuals and perhaps is not able to reach the masses, but rather reaches those who, through a deeper experience of Christ and formation in the faith, can then more effectively, build the Kingdom.
- Team Life: Man was created in the image and likeness of God, who is trinity (a communion of persons). Team life helps us help one another for the Kingdom and also gives us an opportunity to grow alongside others. This way of living in the Movement is healthy and helpful to see the bigger picture and live in a bigger dimension, an ecclesial dimension.
- Build Personal Convictions: There is always the danger, in our Christian journey, of falling into a slumber or place of mediocrity. As a result, a healthy vigilance is needed through life to renew and reaffirm the convictions of Faith we have.
- Invite Others to Work for Christ: Building Christ’s Kingdom involves working, inviting others to work, and then allowing them to work, following the example of Christ. Christianity doesn’t just keep Christ’s light safe; it’s about spreading that light to others, so they can spread it in turn.
- Be Flexible: God wants us to use our intelligence as we work for his Kingdom, to be smart, to plan ahead. But that doesn’t mean that he has to follow all ofour plans. On the contrary, we are the ones who have to stay always ready to follow his plans, even when they are unexpected (as they so often are). True missionaries and apostles never forget that. They stay flexible and docile to the end, ready to change their own plans and hopes at a moment’s notice if Christ’s Kingdom demands it.
- Form the whole person: The mission is ‘arduous’-it requires men & women of character, well-formed and dedicated to Christ’s cause. The Integral formation will enable him to fulfill effectively and responsibly his evangelizing mission. It has 4 dimensions: Spiritual, Apostolic, Intellectual and Human.
Regnum Christi is “a Movement of apostolate, which ardently seeks to establish the Kingdom of Christ among all people. It does so through the sanctification of its members, in the state and condition of life to which God has called them, and through personal and organized apostolic action, at the service of the Church and its pastors according to its own particular style and methodology.” With the specific charism: to know, live, and give the love that Christ the Redeemer gave us through his Incarnation. Joining Regnum Christi, therefore, is different from joining a club, since it is an answer to a call, a vocation from God. It means taking time and effort to gradually discover and fulfill God’s plan for your life by assimilating and living out the Regnum Christi charism. It means joining one of the Holy Spirit’s newest additions to the family of spiritual and apostolic associations within the Church